Develop Value Added reseller relationships with both existing VARs and new qualified VARs. Responsibility for sale of capital equipment used in manufacturing process improvement.
Background in CAD, Rapid Prototyping, Industrial Equipment, High End computer hardware desirable. Hands-on experience evangelizing end-users and teaching/coaching resellers on top approaches to winning new business.
Public firm with fast-rising stock. Profitable. Territory producing at record rates.
Strong base salary, commissions and benefits.
The successful candidate should have the following experience and the skills listed below:
1) 5 + years selling capitol equipment to End Users in the Mfg and Design arena.
2) A track record of financial success
a. Having made a minimum of $150K per year, for last 5 years, backed up with a W-2
3) 5 + years selling in the territory
4) 5 + years working with Resellers Ð needs a firm understanding of what it takes to find, develop, and manager Resellers
5) Willing to travel overnight 50% of the time
6) Willing and able to work trade shows (assisting set up/tear down)
7) A high technical aptitude
8) Self starter Ð adds excitement to daily activity, is energetic, driven, self motivated and has a positive attitude and outlooks.
9) Investigative Skills Ð Assess the situation accurately and can uncover the customers need by using strategic questioning. Possesses good listening skills to hear what the customer is asking for and can reply back with a verbal summary. Examines decision making criteria and customer financial perceptions.
10) Presentation Skills - Presents with clearness and confidence. Links capabilities to the customerÕs situation and involves the customers. Establishes value through customer relevance and sells through differentiation and solutions.
11) Closing the sale Ð Closes the sale by asking for the business and answering all questions. Is persistent and confident in continuing the sale and future sales of the customers. Meets sales quotas.
12) Building and Maintaining Relationships - Builds trust and creditability through managing customer expectations. Sets agendas, manages the sales process, resolves early objections, manages client expectations, and captures customer mindshare.
13) Communication Skills - Demonstrates professionalism and communicates clearly, accurately and appropriately in both written and oral forms; listens well to others
14) Training and Development Ð Takes initiative to enhance and develop oneÕs current skill set and future skill set needed to grow in their career. Attends required training sessions as needed.
15) Customer Focused Ð Treats both internal and external customers with respect, puts the customers needs above all else, supports, the customer with all requests in a timely and professional manner.
16) Dependability Ð Follows through on commitments, has consistent work habits, follows appropriate policies and procedures, and maintains good attendance and punctuality.
17) Change Agent Ð Open to trying new ideas and seeks out opportunities to improve process.
18) Professional in appearance
19) Able to discuss territory strategy and planning
No more than three jobs in eight years.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (760) 436-1575