If you are tired of working for a large, bureaucratic company and wish to leverage your skills in managing large account Aerospace and Defense opportunities within the Simulation Software field, we have a strong opportunity for you. The Business Development Director will be a bag-carrying sales management job that will focus on closing large Aerospace and Defense opportunities in North America and managing a small team of inside and outside Sales Representatives.
- Lead the execution of the company's strategy and go?to?market plan for business development
in the aviation, aerospace and defense industries, with emphasis on new customers.
- Collaborate with the business team to secure renewals and expand the footprint in existing
customers, and their supply chains, by leading, coaching, and inspiring the account management
and customer support teams.
- As a hunter or creator of new business, work to identify, engage, qualify, energize, sell, close,
and grow new opportunities in the US and internationally.
- Develop a robust sales funnel of prospects and maintain a reliable forecast of qualified
- Provide management and support of a small focused team of account managers, sales support,
and customer support personnel.
- Define and direct the creation and execution of marketing initiatives to bring greater awareness
and leads to the company.
- Provide leadership to mature the organization's business development skills, competencies,
processes, and productivity.
Requirements of the position include the following:
- Experience working in, supporting, or selling to the Aerospace & Defense industry.
- 10?20 years of business development and solution selling for an ISV in technical engineering
- Experience with selling, supporting, or using simulation, CAE, or FEA software solutions.
- One or more engineering degrees with some employment history as an engineer in industry.
- Ability to work from a home office with an estimated 30% travel.
- No more than three jobs in the past eight years.
The right individual will be given the freedom to produce and soar in an open
sales territory without compensation ceilings, direct competition, or excessive administrative burdens
typical of larger solution providers.
For more information, email email@example.com or phone (760) 436-1575